1/15/15

PTI Release in Review...

So today is the day!  Do you have your wish list all ready to go?  So many fun new stamp sets and dies for this month's PTI Release.  Here are a few more projects to show you the rest of the new goodies.

Using the new Phrase Play, I made a fun little tag....

IMG_0314

I cut one out in white and one in Hawaiian Shores.  I layered them up on a piece of Simply Chartreuse and then added in some Berry Sorbet dots.  I filled the stars with Stickles and then added the top tag reinforcer die from Tag Sale #3 die.  I finished this one off with some Berry Sorbet Saddle Stitch and white twine.   

IMG_0316

Cable Gram is the another adorable set that you can personalize several different ways.  I chose to make a birthday card...

IMG_0311

I stamped the car in Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse and Berry Sorbet.  I added in a tail light in Lemon Tart and a little piece of cable car tracks in kraft.  To ground the whole image, I added in a few strips of card stock to match.  

IMG_0312

I also added some clear card stock to the windows...

IMG_0308

Instead of making a card with the Happy Notes set, I made some...notes.  :)



I am a chronic list maker.  And bullet lists make me happy.  I used the Monthly Moments: Spiral Journal card to make these fun little notes for my planner.  I stamped the tops in different colors and then added in the bullet lines.  For the one above, I took a sentiment from Monthly Moments: January to make a "this year, I will" list.  I use Washi tape to attach them to the ruler inside my planner and then I see the list overtime I open it up.  



This next card features three sets....Hey Cupcake, Stitched Swirls and Keep it Simple:  Belated Birthday.

IMG_0296

I stamped the swirls in Hibiscus Burst and then added in the sentiment.  I use the cupcake die from Lexi's new set and stamped the different parts of the cupcake.  I layered the top with Stickles to finish it off.

IMG_0297

For this last card, I used the new Comic Strip Cover Plate to do a little color blocking.  I stamped a sentiment from the set called 2015 Birthday Tags....

IMG_0350

I cut out the cover plate and attached it to the card front.  Then I cut out 2 more cover plates in Enchanted Evening and Berry Sorbet.  (Can you tell by now that Berry Sorbet is my favorite color?)  I pieced it all together and stamped the sentiment in Enchanted Evening.  To finish the card, I added in some enamel dots.

IMG_0352

Here is a close up of the card to see the dimension of the popped up pieces.

IMG_0323

So that is it for today!  I hope you have enjoyed my cards for the January PTI Release.  Stop by the rest of the DT to see what they have for today!


Have a great day!

18 comments:

  1. Awesome cards, Laurie! My wish list is ready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I love it all! Somehow in the excitement I missed the "That's all" sentiment with the trolley car! Shades of my youth Folks! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so fun, love the colors on your trolley card and I too am a chronic list maker (sometimes mine are just in emails to friends), but who knows, would I write less things down if I had a pretty list? Or would I actually remember the grocery list instead of leaving it on the kitchen counter? humm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some pretty awesome cards!
    I LOVE every one of them, especially the tag!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, Laurie...these are AWESOME! Love.Love.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! I really loved the color blocking on the last card! And how you angled it! very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cards and I think it's because I am drawn to the soft colors and symmetrical lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous group of cards today! Love what you did with the Comic Strip cover plate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each one a charmer... color blocking? oh yes...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't go wrong with color blocking. Awesome cards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these! This was such a fun release....I gotta figure out a plan here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really fun cards today, Laurie. You rocked the release!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them all Laurie, the colors, your designs...just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic job, Laurie! Berry Sorbet is my favorite too, so I love seeing what you do with it. As soon as I saw the Comic Strip Cover Plate, I thought "color-blocking - YAY!" and I see I'm not alone. And just so you'll know, that banner die wasn't even on my radar until I saw your gorgeous CAS card yesterday with the cupcake. Now it's a must-have for me. And that card is now one of my all-time faves! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always create such amaze projects Laurie--love the planner peek!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looove your projects for this release. I love how you taped that list in your planner - I want to do this - so cute & a great constant reminder!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS