6/13/15

More Birthday Inspiration...

Since Gold is all the rage, I am seeing Gold and Black parties all over Pinterest.  I couldn't just share just one photo because I got my inspiration from so many places.  Click HERE to see all kinds of gorgeous parties with the Gold and Black theme.


I went for a simple ensemble today.  Easy to recreate but oh so fun to celebrate just one person at a table setting on their birthday.

I used the new set called Good Times to make this CAS card...

IMG_1305_edited-1

I stamped the dot border back to back in Gold Delicata ink.  Then I added in a set of stripes from Background Basics: Super Stripes.  I die cut the word celebrate from the Good Times dies about 5 or 6 times and stacked them up for some dimension.  I attached that to the middle of the border on the card.

IMG_1306

To match, I made a fun little party hat in black, adding in a gold adhesive scalloped border and some white tissue paper for the fridge.  I used a sponge to blot on some gold ink and then stamped the dot border again on the top of the hat.  I wanted a simple box that packed some punch, so I used another Gold Adhesive sheet, sticking it down to cardstock and then cutting it out with the Favor it: Cupcake Box.  I love that shiny paper!

IMG_1320

I can't wait to see what the other girls have made up for today!  Here is a list of their blogs so stop in and say hi!


Thanks for coming by today! 

10 comments:

  1. Love your black and gold party ensemble! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sophisticated look of the black and gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gold dots with the black celebrate. A very cute party set. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sophistication of black gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laurie,

    Just one word......CLASSY!!!!!!!!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed it with the gold and black theme, Laurie! Gorgeous card and I love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!!! [three. that's three exclamation points - and OH here comes the smile]
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Love the black and gold!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS