2/07/16

Introducing Tiny Town Series...

Welcome to Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink Anniversary Celebration.  Today we are sharing a new die set called Tiny Town.  When I was little, my dad used to take us to a place called Tiny Town in Colorado.  It was a fun little park full of miniature houses and buildings and so when I saw the name of this new die set, it made my day!

One of my favorite decor items in my house, is a tray.  I have several trays around my house, decorated with fun little odds and ends.  I new when I saw the gorgeous little church, it would work so well on my tray.

IMG_2671

The fun thing about this church, is that I can keep it VERY CAS and white and it still looks beautiful.  

IMG_2680

Before I folded each piece of the church, I scored each score line so they would stay nice and clean.  Next, I layered the inside with vellum so the candle underneath would really show through.  

IMG_2679

I cut the flaps off the bottom of the church, so I could easily place my little battery powered tea light. 

IMG_2676

The glow of the tea light through the church windows is so pretty...

IMG_2670

I know there will be so much more to see today and I can't wait to see all the different uses for this fun little tiny town!

Stop over to Nichole's blog to see all about this die set, plus a list of links for the rest of the Design Team.

Thanks so much for stopping in today!



Supply List: 


21 comments:

  1. Love the vellum windows and your simplicity white! Simplicity white is totally out of character for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say stinkin' beautiful?!! Because that's what it is all pure and simple and white. Glowing. Doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH do I love this ... the detail is amazing! What did we ever do without those battery-operated tea lights/candles?!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does indeed look lovely all in white with the glow from the tealight through the windows. I love your tray. I think I'm going to start some of my own!!! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this in all white ! Simply gorgeous! Wow! Pretty tray too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The all-white church is gorgeous & does cry out for a tea light! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the touch of Vellum you used and think that just "made" your church the best it could possibly be. Clean adn Simple but oh so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laurie,

    Cute,Cute,Cute!!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! Love the white on white - it's just perfect : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the right touch for that fantastically wonderful tray of perfectly arranged items! Love the staging! and lovely in all white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. CAS but beautiful. I love your whole tray too

    ReplyDelete
  12. how sweet is that little church! What a great idea to add the candle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These little buildings are so cute! Loving it in all white!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU'RE RIGHT! The white/ CAS is GORGEOUS! AND your idea of adding vellum is SUPER!!! ;) THANK YOU for showing us! Sorry I'm so late in coming. My computer crashed & I KNEW I'd missed SOMETHING GREAT! SO GLAD I came looking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laurie the church is so effective in white and vellum, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came across your post here while looking for more Tiny Town stuff. Laurie, did you live in Colorado when you'd go to Tiny Town? Love that place!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I grew up in Lakewood! :) That was such a fun place. It closed when I was a little older but heard that it has been renovated and is open again. I need to take my kids now!

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS